Ceva Animal Health - 7 year old Shitzu-Poo severe reaction to Vectra 3D
I purchased Vectra from our Vet because they claimed that it was superior to Frontline and is the only product they carry now.It is also more expensive.
Since our dog had picked up a tick-borne disease and nearly died last fall while on Frontline, I wanted to be sure he had the best protection. Big mistake. Within minutes after the application, our dog was acting nervous, itching and his hair was falling out in clumps. I washed him with Dawn and gave Benadryl.
He developed sores all along his back. He is on his second round of antibiotics. Vitamin E oil and mixture of Lavendar (calming) and another healing oil mixed with water in spray bottle is helping to heal. Vet doesn't think his hair will grow back.
Stay away from this product.
Did register a complaint and opened a case with Vectra.Representative is helpful.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Vectra 3D Flea Treatment
- Review category
- Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
You May Also Like
- "My dog was limping. I took her to my vet who noted she showed hind leg lameness. I decided to wait a few weeks to have x-ray taken in hopes..."
- "Banfield sedated my dog to turn her upside down and shake her to remove fluid from her lungs, it stopped her heart. I don't have proof her heart stopped, but..."
- "Applied Vectra on my cat July 19th, 2015 Sunday evening. Monday July 20th he had a round bald spot. Today, July 21st ,Tuesday he has another bald spot about an..."
- "We spent a lot of labor prepping the deck properly according to instructions. Spent a lot of hours applying the deck over. Actually left town to allow the decking to..."
- "I signed a contract with Re-Bath 8 months ago and I am still waiting for my project to be completed and the repairs done to the areas they damaged during..."
- "You know, there are good website hosting companies out there, there are average, there are bad... and then there are outright thieves. I am not talking about the: "Oh, they..."
- "I went to the Applebee's in West Bend, Wi yesterday, July 21st. I saw the ad for the free sampler of either the shrimp or the churros. Great, I thought!..."
- "I have always loved Oreo cookies.From a young child till being a older adult they re my favorite cookie in the store.You could always count on the quality of the..."
- "Yes I wait all year for the peppermint Oreos to come out and then I purchase 3 pkgs and 1 of the packages is short 5 cookies . I real..."