I purchased Vectra from our Vet because they claimed that it was superior to Frontline and is the only product they carry now.It is also more expensive.
Since our dog had picked up a tick-borne disease and nearly died last fall while on Frontline, I wanted to be sure he had the best protection. Big mistake. Within minutes after the application, our dog was acting nervous, itching and his hair was falling out in clumps. I washed him with Dawn and gave Benadryl.
He developed sores all along his back. He is on his second round of antibiotics. Vitamin E oil and mixture of Lavendar (calming) and another healing oil mixed with water in spray bottle is helping to heal. Vet doesn't think his hair will grow back.
Stay away from this product.
Did register a complaint and opened a case with Vectra.Representative is helpful.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Vectra 3D Flea Treatment
- Review category
- Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
You May Also Like
- "Applied Vectra on my cat July 19th, 2015 Sunday evening. Monday July 20th he had a round bald spot. Today, July 21st ,Tuesday he has another bald spot about an..."
- "I used frontline according to directions and it caused a chemical burn on my dog causing pain, raw bloody skin and loss of her hair and skin. Now she..."
- "Your flea drops really stink. Awful medicine and I'm going to do something about this. My dog has had 2 doses and this is the end result. I want reimbursed..."
- "I have always loved Oreo cookies.From a young child till being a older adult they re my favorite cookie in the store.You could always count on the quality of the..."
- "Yes I wait all year for the peppermint Oreos to come out and then I purchase 3 pkgs and 1 of the packages is short 5 cookies . I real..."
- "I went to the Applebee's in West Bend, Wi yesterday, July 21st. I saw the ad for the free sampler of either the shrimp or the churros. Great, I thought!..."
- "I HAVE USED FROM YOU FLOWERS 3 TIMES. THE 1ST TIME I SENT 3 PLANTS TO TN. I SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE ON BEING SATISFIED SINCE 1 OF THE..."
- "Not much to say (there 4 pictures taken on the same visit say it all). I have been consistently disappointed in the quality of veggies and produce at the..."
- "SW128 Uneven Women’s Batwing Sleeve Destroyed Ripped Slouchy Sweater Pullover Hollow Out Loose Fit Jumper Tops Knitwear Smock SIZE INFORMATION: (Flat-measuring) Bust- 125cm; Shoulder(Dropped)- 64cm; Sleeve- 35cm; Shoulder to hem length(Front/Back)- 52cm/64cm (1inch=2.54cm,1-3cm..."