1K views

I used this product several times on my Yorkie and he was fine with the exception of shaking his body as if he were wet. Some of it got on my arm when I was trying to comfort him and my skin became numb in that area.

I foolishly thought that it was supposed to feel like that, after all, it is "dog medicine". The last time I used it on him, he couldn't shake his body, he yelped each time, I thought he hurt his foot and that was what was preventing him. Then he started backing up into the wall and standing next to the wall as if disoriented. I realized he wasn't able to move well and knew immediately it was a reaction to the flea treatment.

Those side affects wore off in one day. I just found a tick on him, the first one this year. I reached for the Vectra 3d and decided to read reviews just incase his reaction wasn't a one time thing...OMG. Throwing this poison OUT.

I don't care about the money I spent; I was so lucky my little guy survived. My heart goes out to those who lost their beloved pets.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to "stop selling this product" as the author lost $86. The author is overall dissatisfied with Ceva Animal Health. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Ceva Animal Health.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics category for more informed decision or compare Ceva Animal Health to other companies on our site.

Comments

Dearborn, Michigan, United States #1267972

It is not the fault of the company if your dog had a reaction to a product that may not work for all dogs. Many flea and tick prevention pills, sprays, and gels cause reactions in smaller dogs and I never recommend them to people unless they got a recommendation from their vet to use it. I would like to mention, though, that I am not a vet and do not work in the animal health field, but I do work with animals at a pet store.

to Anonymous #1421860

You obviously are not a pet owner. Let me put it this way, if your child had a bad reaction to a medication that your doctor gave to you and she had a "bad reaction" even though they are are thousands of people whose children had the same reactions to that same medication would you feel the same way?

What if, God forbid that child died? I'm sure you wouldn't be so easy on the company that made that medication you would probably be suing them and hopefully putting the word out but that specific medication is poison