Most helpful review

Verified Reviewer

Received email asking for my feedback

We needed a Safety Data Sheet for one of their products so we would have it onsite in case anyone needed to refer to it.

User's recommendation: My issue related to acquiring a Safety Data Sheet for one of their products so we would have it onsite for OSHA. Support gave me exactly what I needed.

ID

Has anyone else experienced this?

one week after the first application of Catego treatment, my perfectly healthy cat, who just had his full yearly physical, experienced a grand mal seizure. We immediately stopped using the product, and now he is having seizures on a regular basis, which has now resulted in our having to give him phenobarbital 2x daily.
Port Jervis, New York

Killed my Cat

Ceva Animal Health - Killed my Cat
Used Vectra for Cats 9 pound and over on my cat, he started crying, went and hid, took him to the vet, on a Sunday Night, and he died there. Ceva doesn't return calls, so only thing left is a lawsuit, they don't give a *** about your animal, just lining their pockets.
ID
Pros
  • Animal killing agent
Reason of review
Bad quality
Preferred solution
$5000 to cover loss and vet fees, I have letter from emergency vet that it was your product that caused the problrm
Junior Reviewer

Awful!

Update by user Sep 21, 2019

Dogs still dealing with diarrhea eating chicken and rice only with flagyl medicine. I hate this medicine.

Monetary loss 300.00 plus. You may be hearing from our lawyer! No dog and owner should be suffering like this. Your product should be off the market!

Only after much research did I find "not recommended for Shih Tzu" It should be on the label! if its toxic for people and cats what do you think it would do for dogs????

Update by user Sep 14, 2019

Also neglected to add initial tremors , weird tail wagging..seemed uncontrollable, lethargy soon after taking. We are back to Front line Gold.

Update by user Sep 14, 2019

Update: 9/14/19 dogs still having soft stool and eating chicken and rice AND on their 3rd anti diarrhea medicine!!!!

Original review posted by user Aug 28, 2019
I rate this deplorable product as a zero!!! I don't know why i switched to Vectra3d because Frontline Gold worked well but there's always something new. Within 3 hours one of my shih tzu vomited twice and then started with the diarhrea. My other shih tzu vomited that night and had diarrhea as well. She was restless as well. They've been to the vet and were put on medication. My youngest still has very soft drippy stools. Its been a week. They were given bathes to get any on their skin off but I think even a few hours was too late, its already in their system. I keep them extremely short haired anyway. The vomiting stopped but the icky gross stools continue. i just called my vet and an awaiting a call back. They have been on a steady diet of chicken and rice since this all started and Fortiflora. Im pissed at myself and the amount of pesticide making them sick. After they get better back to Frontline Gold. We do treat the house with Vets Best and the yard. Dont use this product. Usually I research everything first but after researching afterwards..hindsight 20/20 I will never recommend this product to anyone. I did contact the company to inform them but there is zero they can do. I've heard of a few instances where dogs have died. Lets hope and pray that does not happen!!! No product is perfect. Treat your house and yard with pet safe products not just your pet. I FO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!!!!
ID
Cons
  • Made dog sick
Reason of review
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Vectra 3D killed my dog