I was just sold Vectra 3D for my 10 yr old toy poodle. I was told that they, the vet didn't carry the others anymore.

I was told it is applied differently and takes up to 6 hrs. to dry. After reading the information on it and looking at the posts on this site, i will not be opening it and will take it back. Thank you for responding to this product to save me from regretting using it.

I will purchase the other flea/tick meds from one of the other many sources, many of which are also cheaper.

thank you all, Linda St. John

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 05, 2012.

Comments

Charlene R.. you are not the only one..

My vet's assistant says..

ok..let me put this on properly..like i didn't do it right.. and my dog also had a tick while using..the vet is goin to make the company pay for a tick panel to make sure he is not sick.

I have a six month old cockapoo she did not have any of the reactions that I have read on the is site. However we applied the product on April 7th 2012.

She did not get a bath until April 21st. Last night we found three ticks burrowing into her skin. Spoke with the vets office that explained how to apply the product like I was some kind of dummy. This is our third dog and they know it.

They said the product is to be applied to the skin. I can read but if they think none of the product soaks into the fur they really are out of it. Are we suppose the shave the dogs bald in order not to get the product on the fur.

The product also has a very toxic smell. Not sure what else to try obviously this is a heavy tick season.

Started using Vectra 3D Sept 2011 after both dogs developed fleas. Had been a longtime faithful user of Frontline, but obvisously stopped being effective. Haven't had any health issues with either dog since switching to Vectra -- one about 14 lbs the other 41 lbs.